What Is Consular Processing, and How Does It Work?

What Is Consular Processing, and How Does It Work?

Get details from a family immigration attorney in Hyannis, MA

Anyone who isn't a U.S. citizen and wants to become a permanent resident needs a green card. If you're trying to reunite your family in the Hyannis, MA area, turn to the Law Offices of Carmen V. Codjoe, P.C. Our family immigration attorney can explain how consular processing works and help you get started.

In general, obtaining a green card through consular processing involves...

  • Filing Form I-130 for an immediate relative or Form I-129F for your fiancĂ©
  • Getting approval from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and a visa number from the National Visa Center
  • Submitting a visa application, processing fees and documentation

Your loved one should be prepared for an interview at a consular office.

It's a smart idea to retain an immigration attorney

Our family immigration attorney is familiar with immigration law and consular processing, so she can explain the process in a way that's easy to understand. If your loved one's application was denied, attorney Codjoe can provide answers and guidance about what to do next.

Contact our Hyannis, MA immigration law office today to schedule a consultation.